Paulus - More
Fill in the box with the word that best matches the definition or description.
1. The release of an ovum is called
are the gamete-producing organs of the female reproductive system.
cycle is the series of hormone-induced changes involved in the preparation and release of an egg (ovum).
4. A mature egg cell is called a(n)
is a mass of follicular cells that secretes estrogen and progesterone. (2 words)
is a cluster of cells that surrounds an immature egg cell and provides the egg with nutrients.
is the hollow, muscular organ in which development occurs.
8. The shedding of the lining of the uterus is called
is the muscular tube that leads from the outside of a female’s body to the uterus.
tube is a passageway through which an ovum moves from an
to the uterus. (2 words)
11. The series of hormone-induced changes that prepare the uterus for a possible pregnancy each month is called the
12. A bacterial STD that causes painful urination and a discharge of pus from the penis in males is
. In females, it sometimes causes a vaginal discharge.
13. A serious bacterial STD that usually begins with a small, painless ulcer called a chancre 2–3 weeks after infection is
14. The symptoms of
, a bacterial STD, are similar to those of a mild case of gonorrhea and can cause scar tissue in infected fallopian tubes, leading to infertility.
Proudly powered by